Mining life is all about balance – this week we talk about finding real solutions and lessons learned from coming up in the mining industry.
Each Wednesday join me, Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as I navigate the ups and downs of the mining industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in any way – whether you’re a lifer or a high-school student looking to make the leap – Full Production is the podcast for you.
This week we talk to Matt Michael, host of the Life of Mine Podcast. When he’s not podcasting, he’s underground on the jumbo. Matt shares the same passion for the mining industry as we do – and has a goal to provide real solutions for people in underground mining through his show. We talked to Matt a few months back when he was first getting started – and since then his podcast has already grown to have a significant impact.
We get to hear more about his mining journey and why he went back down the hole after being a mining engineer. Matt and Pete are both seasoned miners and get deep into the mining talk, providing some great wisdom and advice for anyone in the mining game.
We also discussed:
- How the Life of Mine Podcast started.
- Matt’s goal for the podcast of providing miners with real solutions and information.
- Guests Matt has lined up for upcoming episodes of his podcast.
- Matt’s view of the mining industry as a jumbo operator.
- Handling life in the mining camp and embracing gratitude.
- Balancing shifts, family, and podcasting.
- Being present on your days off and learning to say no.
- Matt’s backstory and reflecting on lessons learned coming up in the mining industry.
- The importance of doing your part to support the mining industry.