Mining operations are all around the world and each has its own unique aspects and character, as well as vibrant communities they work in with.
This week we chat to Matthew Hine, Today Pete chats to Matthew Hine, General Manager at OceanaGold. Matt helps look after the Macraes Goldfield Mine located on the South Island of New Zealand.
We get some great insights from Matt on mining in New Zealand and the rich history and culture that comes along with it.
- Māori culture and the role it plays in OceanaGold’s operations.
- The mining landscape in New Zealand.
- Matt’s background and how he came to the Macraes.
- The history of the Macraes mine and mining around NZ.
- Reflecting on Matt’s Cobar roots and some of the legends in the industry.
- Talking gold and the operation’s vision for the future.
- Macraes values and how they implement them.
- How Macraes works with the community.
- What Matt is looking forward to seeing the mining industry.