There’s an old saying that charity begins at home. With an increasingly disconnected mining workforce, Miners’ Promise proves just how true and immensely valuable it is.
Each Wednesday, join me, Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as I navigate the ups and downs of the mining industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in any way – whether you’re a lifer or a high-school student looking to make the leap – Full Production is the podcast for you.
Geniene is the Family Support Adviser at the not-for-profit, member-based support organisation, Miners’ Promise. She joins us on this episode to spread the word of the organisation’s phenomenal work in assisting miners and their families in times of need – whether that’s emotional, financial or practical support.
For anyone working in the mining and resources sector, it’s essential that you know about the amazing work of Miners’ Promise and how you can support it – it could prove a lifeline when you and your family most need it. Let’s spread the word.
Here’s some of what Geniene shares with us on this episode:
- What is Miners’ Promise
- Geniene’s own journey from outback health promotion to counselor
- What attracted her to Miner’s Promise and their work
- The mission of Miners’ Promise
- What kind of support it offers miners and their families
- Why Miners’ Promise is much more than just a type of insurance
- How to not get swallowed up by grief when things go wrong
- What the future for Miners’ Promise holds
- How you can get involved