It’s that time of year again – the Worthy Parts Industry Link Auction and Expo is coming up on October 24-25. This episode is a Full Production special bringing you an exclusive interview with Worthy Parts teammate Gary Brown to give you a preview of the event.
Each Wednesday join me, Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as I navigate the ups and downs of the mining industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in any way – whether you’re a lifer or a high-school student looking to make the leap – Full Production is the podcast for you.
This week we talk to Gary Brown, Regional Manager for Industry Link Media. Gary has recently come on to the Worthy Parts and Industry Link Media team and brings plenty of value to the table with his extensive experience across a variety of industries. In addition to his role at Industry Link Media, Gary has also been city councillor for the City of Kalgoorlie Boulder for the past 6 years.
In the interview, we learn more about Gary’s background, Kalgoorlie roots and his journey of how he came to the mining industry.
We also discussed:
- Meeting Gary and his new role with the Worthy Parts team.
- Gary’s background, journeying from the police force to the mining industry.
- Gary’s role as city councillor for Kalgoorlie-Boulder.
- Insight into the Kalgoorlie-Boulder council and what they’re focusing on for the mining community.
- Highlights for this years’ Worthy Parts Industry Link and Expo, including the more than 150 exhibitors, unveiling of the Mining Legends project, and Casey Stoner.
- Exciting updates with the Mining Legends project.
- How you can help with the Mining Legends project.
- What Gary is looking forward to at the Worthy Parts expo.
- What to expect during the expo and how to attend?
- What kinds of equipment and machinery will be at the expo?