Innovative technology is constantly coming online in the mining industry. Full Production brings you the experts to update you on these new developments and how operations can take full advantage of them.
Each Wednesday, join me, Peter Finn, managing director of FACE Contracting, as I navigate the ups and downs of the mining industry with forward-thinking professionals from all walks of life. If you’re involved in the mining industry in any way – whether you’re a lifer or a high-school student looking to make the leap – Full Production is the podcast for you.
In this week’s episode, we get to hear from Brent Hilscher, Director of Process for Western Canada at DRA Global. Brent has over 19 years of experience in mining and mineral processing. His technical skill has been sought out for mining research projects at NASA, as well as mining innovation projects for the United Nations and the Government of Canada.
Brent is also involved in developing and implementing sensor-based ore sorting technology. We get technical and take a deep dive to explore what this technology means for mining operations.
We also discussed:
- Balancing your mining career with family life
- Best practices for managing mining projects
- The mining job landscape in Canada
- Why the big players in mining are looking at ore sorting
- Bulk ore sorting vs. particle ore sorting
- The costs of implementing new sorting techniques
- Australia as a global leader for mining innovation
- The next generation of people in mining
- Embracing change and new technology in mining
- How to make mining more sustainable
- Planning for cycles in the industry